Monday 4 July 2016

1/48 Revell Vought A-7E Corsair II - VA 426 Clansmen USN - USS Kennedy - Desert Storm 1991

One from the archives. This was from 2006


I'm in the process of redoing some of my photographs of my older models and it's nice to see how my skills have improved since I've been involved in this hobby. I was really happy with this when I finished it. these days I wouldn't have been happy.



The Kit
  •  Revell re-box of the 1/48 Hasegawa A-7E Kit
Aftermarket/ Modifications to basic kit
  • True Details ejection seat, 
  • Mk 84's from bombs the Hasegawa weapons set . I used putty to make the newer style fuses on the ends.
  • AIM-9L Sidewinders from Hasegawa weapons set
  • Eduard RBF tags.
  • Rebuilt LOX bay
  • Homemade corrected decals for the VA-46 CLANSMAN test on the tails
Painted with

  • Humbrol Enamels 
Weathered with

  • Thinned enamels 
  • Pastels

The Pictures















No comments :

Post a Comment