Sunday 15 July 2012

F-2A Update - Decal Fun


 Well after about 12 plus hours I've managed to get all (bar one) of the decals on. I totally screwed the wing walkway for the rear of the right wing.

Saving the day however was Scott at Afterburner decals who is sending me a replacement . Thanks heaps Scott it is very much appreciated. I really hope they do a standalone F-2 Stencil sheet, I'd love to do a few more F-2's, but without the stencils it's just not the same

This is probably the most comprehensive decal sheet I've ever used and was actually a joy to use (with the one exception). The time taken to use all the stencils is totally worth the effort IMHO. Anyway onto the images..


















When I'd finished I dry fitted the wing stations and found that they went over the roundels. I applied some Microset and waited until the decal softened. I then managed to lift a edge of the decal with a no 11 blade enough to get a wet soft brush under it. A bit more work with the brush and the decal came off. I repositioned it and did the same with the other side.

Before

 

After


No comments :

Post a Comment