Saturday 14 July 2012

Stug Progress - Albeit slow

This is a bit of secondary project for me whilst I work on my F-2. But I've managed to make a bit of progress.

I've assembled the lower hull, which as expected when together without difficulty. Before putting the tracks on I primed the hull and wheels with Vallejo Back primer. While this left a good finish to paint on it was a real PITA to clean from my airbrush. I find true water based products awfully difficult to clean from my airbrushes. After that I applied a light-ish coat of Tamiya desert Yellow(IIRC) trying not to totally overwhelm the black.

The tracks were no real problem either, despite me putting one side on the wrong way around first side up. 



 





Here you can see the not so accurate front plate behind the spare track links



 
I also primed the upper hull and other bits with Tamiya primer straight from the can. the welds are probably overdone but I'm quite happy with the rest of the upper surfaces. I also added the brackets for the skirts, prior to painting, these were made from plastic card. 






No comments :

Post a Comment