Tuesday 22 December 2020

2020 - A Year in Review

 Well another year has come to an end, and what a year. With the pandemic and thus spending a lot more time at home you'd think I'd have been able to punch out a heap of models. Sadly this hasn't been the case.  I started the year well but bogged down from August on the dual Skyhawk builds.

That said I managed 8 completions one 1/32 Scale Aircraft (my 2nd) , one 1/72 Aircraft, four 1/48 Aircraft  and two 1/48 Tanks. 

Favorites for the year are the 2 tanks and  surprisingly (for me) Ju-88

1/48 Tamiya Crusader Mk II - Ist Armoured Division - El Hamma Tunisia - March 1943

I love British Armour and the crusader in this camo looks cool






1/72 Airfix Vickers Wellington Mk. Ic  - No 75 Sqn (NZ) RAF


This was a quick 3 week build. It went together with no issues at all. It is the start of my WW II Bomber collection.





1/32 Tamiya Supermarine Spitfire Mk IXc 485 (NZ) Sqn RAF

Only my second 1/32 kit and whilst it's a great kit I really enjoyed building it did confirm these bigger projects aren't really for me.  That said there will still be an occasional 1/32 scale build in my future.





1/48 ICM Junkers Ju-88C-6 - KG 40 Luftwaffe 

This was built as part of challenge with a mate. He managed to finish the tail of his Dornier 17... Needless to say it was another victory to me :-) . I chose the spotty scheme for something different.




1/48 Eduard North American P-51D Mustang - Miss Steve

Great kit over all bar the stupid cowl design (Airfix did that part better) and stencil decals which resulted in me stripping and repainting.  




 1/48 Tamiya F-117A Nighthawk  - Final Verdict

Bought this kit on a whim but about half way through the build I wondered why. Still it's in cabinet now. 




1/48 Tamiya Churchill Crocodile 

I was pretty happy Tamiya did the Churchill, it's one of my favorite British Tanks. I decided to make a slightly more involved base this time and was pretty happy with the results.  




1/48 Eduard Spad XIII


Another impulse buy. It confirmed to me that 1/32 is the best scale for WW I aircraft.




Well that is a wrap. Lets hope 2021 brings the world some better times and my modelling more completions. Thanks for reading. 

1 comment :

  1. Yeah, but my DO17 tail looks awesome, plus it’s resin😂 I’d completely forgotten you’d done the Spit. Surprisingly, my favourites are the Churchill and Wimpy

    ReplyDelete