Friday 6 September 2013

1/48 Hasegawa F-14B Tomcat - Part VII

Yellow on. I used Mr Hobby RLM 04 as an undercoat with Mr Color FS13538 over the top. The anti Col lights are red resin super glued in and sanded to fit. The Hasegawa clear parts didn't fit




More grey shades and a test fit of the wings




Painted the EW antennas with a mixture of Tan and flesh (on the wing leading edge) The underside ones were brush painted with Vallejo Iraqi Sand. These vary in colour depending on the age so I didn't sweat the colour. In fact these look a little to uniform. I may mess them up a bit later.



Fitted the upper and lower position lights and painted with Tamiya Clear enamels. I've used enamels because as the base coat is lacquer/ acrylics I can easily wipe them off with white sprits if I stuff it up.






I need to paint a silver ring on the rear of the exhaust shrouds.. Not looking forward to this masking attempt. I may attempt to brush paint it with model master enamel paint. The Fuel dump tube was brush painted with Vallejo flat red




 Silver leading edge of the intakes done with Alclad Durallium



 Fitted the Arrestor hook assembly, however I've managed to break it on the line where I'd cut it it to shorten it.


And finally, the finished, for now, Aires exhaust Nozzles. These were painted with Alclad Pale burnt metal mixed with some Duralumin to try and reduce gold colour of the pale burnt metal. Then there was a marathon masking sessions to mask out the black paints with were painted with Tamiya Nato Black. The white ceramic is Tamiya XF2 flat white (is there a better white paint? If so I haven't found it) and a thin black wash was applied.






No comments :

Post a Comment