Sunday 17 April 2016

1/48 Mitsubishi A6M3 Zero - 251st Naval Airgroup - Solomon Islands 1943




Built this as a quick build to get over the long haul of the F-4EJ. 

The kit builds pretty well , the only area I had a little trouble with was the fit around the lower nose right at the front.

This aircraft was originally painted in overall grey green but then had a rough over spray of the dark green. Here's an image from Wikipedia 




I tried to duplicate this but I didn't see the above image until I'd nearly finished so I don't think I really got there. Still it's good enough for the cabinet. 

The kit comes with 5 really nice figures so I thought I'd have a go at painting 1 up. The base is a cheap $3 frame. I added the grass matt and added some mud/dirt along with bit of foliage to break it up a bit. 


The Kit

  • 1/48 Tamiya Mitsubishi A6M3/3a Zero (Zeke) Kit No 61108
Aftermarket
  • None - this is straight from the box




Painted with
  • Gunze Lacquers for the main colours
  • Tamiya Acrylics for the interior
  • Testors and Tamiya Gloss Coats
  • Testors Dullcoate 
  • Vallejo and oils for the details 
Weathered with
  • Various Oils, Pigments, Pastels and Tamiya Weathering sets

Build threads 














No comments :

Post a Comment