Saturday 28 May 2016

1/144 Handley Page Victor B.2 - 100 Sqn Royal Air Force - 1963


I've always loved the Victor, it's my favourite of the three V bombers and I reckon it's till looks modern today.

I built this as it looked like a quick and simple build. And it pretty much was. I learnt a couple of things for when I build another, next time will be a K.2 tanker refuelling a Vulcan.

I didn't bother weathering this as I wanted to finish it for the NSW model show at the start of May. I couldn't be bothered returning it after the show.


The Kit

1/144 Great Wall Hobby Victor B.2




Aftermarket

None - this is straight from the box


Painted with

Gunze Lacquers for the main colours
Tamiya Gloss Coats
Testors Dullcoate 
Vallejo and oils for the details 


Weathered with

Oil wash


The Name Plate 

This was supplied by a modelling mate, Clayton. Check out his Facebook page -  The Workbench  and/or his Web Site - Also called The Workbench . He's a great modelling and pretty nice guy as well.




Build threads 

Aussie Modeller
Kiwi Modeller
BritModeller

The Pictures


  


















1 comment :