Monday 27 May 2019

1/48 Hasegawa Junkers JU-87G-2 Stuka


This was the second part of dual Hasegawa Boxing I purchased a few years back, the other was a Henschel HS -129, you can see that build here. As you know I'm generally not into Nazi subjects but was quite looking forward to doing the tank busting Stuka.

I chose an aircraft flown by  10.(Pz) / SG3 based in Lithuania in 1944.


The Kit

  • 1/48 Hasegawa Double Boxing of the HS-129 and Ju-87G (HSG 07409)

The kit is pretty simple to build but to be honest it is showing it's age. The engraving is nice but the detail is typical 1990's. My biggest gripe is that you cannot pose the canopies open.


I did use 0.005 thou card to add the anti slip surfaces on the upper wing. Hasegawa supply decals for these but I wanted something with a little more depth.I also  I cut these on my Silhouette Portrait cutter.



I also added some armour plating around the cockpit after looking at some builds on-line. Again I used 0.005 card for this


Aftermarket

  • PE seat belts from a Lion Roar generic Luftwaffe seat belt set
  • Mastermodel barrels for the 37mm and 15mm Canon

Decals/Markings

  • Home made masks for the national markings, swastikas, spinner spiral and codes 
  • Kit decals for the stencils




Paint 

  • Mr Color 17 RLM 71 Dark Green 
  • Mr Hobby 65 RLM 70 Black Green
  • Mr Hobby 413 RLM 04 Yellow
  • Mr Color 115 RLM 65 Light Blue
  • Mr Color Off White for the markings
  • Gaianotes German Grey for the blacks
  • Other various Mr Color/Mr Hobby greens and greys for weathering
  • Various Vallejo Acrylics for details

Clear Coats

  • Tamiya X22 for the gloss
  • Dullcaote for the final flat coat

Weathering

  • Oil paints
  • Various Pigments
  • Coloured Pencils
  • Tamiya Weathering Sets

The Photos
















To see what I'm up to on a regular basis, check out 

No comments :

Post a Comment